Sector News

CP Foods buys Sri Lankan processor

July 21, 2016
Food & Drink

Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Foods has bought Norfolk Foods, a Sri Lankan value-added food processor.

Through subsidiary CPF Investment Limited (CPFI), CP Foods agreed to acquire 80% of Norfolk for around $4 million. In addition, CPFI has the right to acquire the remaining 20% of the shares.

Norfolk produces ready-to-eat food products such as samosa, processed chicken, meat stuffed with cheese and sausages under Crescent trademark. The company also produces some seafood products, such as fish fingers.

Products are distributed through local distributors, hotels, restaurants and retail shops in Sri Lanka. Its current capacity is 400 metric tons per month with a 21% share in the ready-to-eat food products market in Sri Lanka.

Source: Undercurrent News

comments closed

Related News

September 25, 2022

Coca-Cola names new president of global ventures

Food & Drink

The Coca-Cola Co. has promoted Evguenia (Jeny) Stoichkova to president of global ventures, effective Jan. 1, 2023. Ms. Stoichkova joined Coca-Cola Bulgaria in 2004 and was most recently the president of the company’s Eurasia & Middle East division, a role she has held since 2021.

September 25, 2022

Perfect Day allies with Onego Bio to speed-up launch of animal-free eggs

Food & Drink

US-based Perfect Day, is partnering with Onego Bio, which specializes in creating animal-free eggs, aiming to accelerate the timeline to bring the eggs to the market. The business, with the use of its technology, plans to commercialize animal-free ovalbumin, the most abundant egg white protein extracted through precision fermentation.

September 25, 2022

EU fails on food waste: Report reveals bloc discards more than it imports

Food & Drink

Food waste costs the EU €143 billion per year (US$141.7 billion), with a report by Feedback EU raising the alarm of how it’s vital to reduce waste from farm to fork 50% by 2030 and the only way this will be achieved is by enforcing a mandatory directive forcing the food industry to do better and retailers to pay a tax of food waste.