Air Liquide USA LLC, a U.S. subsidiary of France-based Air Liquide SA, has named Susan Ellerbusch its new CEO, the company said June 1.
In her new role, she will remain based in Houston and will lead the ALUSA Cluster, which includes Air Liquide’s large industries and electronics businesses in the U.S.
Ellerbusch joined Air Liquide in 2015 as president of Air Liquide Large Industries U.S. LP, which provides industrial gases and related energy and utility offerings to large industry sectors, including chemicals, refining and steel. Before that, she worked at Amoco and BP for more than 20 years in a variety of domestic and international roles, including president of BP Biofuels North America. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in genetics and a master’s degree in business administration.
Ellerbusch is replacing John Buckley, who left Air Liquide to pursue other opportunities, according to a company spokeswoman. Air Liquide hired Buckley for the role in 2013 when the company decided to realign its organization and leadership team in the U.S. Like Buckley, Ellerbusch will report to Michael Graff, chairman and CEO American Air Liquide Holdings Inc.
“Sue Ellerbusch is an experienced global business leader with great perspective and extensive strategic and operational leadership experience across a broad spectrum of industry,” Graff said in the press release. “I am confident she will further develop and advance the growth strategy of Air Liquide’s ALUSA Cluster to great success, delivering excellence and value for our customers and contributing positively to the long-term performance of the company.”
Air Liquide USA LLC’s head office is at 9811 Katy Freeway, Suite 100, in Houston. In January 2014, Air Liquide announced it would move its U.S. headquarters from the Galleria area to a new office development in Memorial City. The deal won a 2015 Landmark Award in the Project Lease category from the Houston Business Journal.
By Olivia Pulsinelli
Source: Houston Business Journal
The European Union said Monday that it has approved Agrofert Group’s acquisition of Borealis AG’s nitrogen business after concluding that the deal wouldn’t raise competition concerns. Agrofert is a Czech conglomerate, while Austrian chemical and fertilizer company Borealis is 75%-owned by OMV AG with the remaining 25% held by Abu Dhabi National Oil Co.
LyondellBasell Industries N.V. and Mepol Group announced they have entered into a definitive agreement for LyondellBasell to acquire Mepol Group, a manufacturer of recycled, high-performing technical compounds located in Italy and Poland.
Univar Solutions Inc and Apollo announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire the Company in an all-cash transaction that values the Company at an enterprise value of approximately $8.1 billion.